Request for Assistance

Some voters have indicated on their absentee ballot applications that they will need assistance to complete their B envelopes and/or to mark their ballots. The letters NA (Needs Assistance) will appear on the preprinted return address label on the right side.

If assistance is requested, the voter will receive a blue “Request for Assistance” form. In most cases, the voter will return a completed form in the mailer along with the B envelope. EO#1 must examine both the B envelope and the Request for Assistance form when determining if material omissions are present.

Sometimes the Request for Assistance form is placed inside the B envelope. EO#1 may open the B envelope slightly to check if it is inside.

When looking at the B envelope, EO#1 may see that the voter actually signed the B envelope. Therefore, a Request for Assistance form is NOT required. In this case, the B envelope must be completed correctly with no material omissions.