HIGHLIGHTS FOR THIS ELECTION: Updated Contingency Response Plan for Polling Place Operations During COVID-19
The following new protocols and procedures for this election will be covered in detail in this briefing.
Updated Contingency Response Plan for Polling Place Operations During COVID-19
- Each polling place will have at least one PPE Specialist who will receive special training.
- Each polling place will receive 8 Acrylic Sneeze Guards that are to be set up at the check-in stations, ballot table, and Chief’s table. (They should be set up before Election Day.)
- Election Officers and poll watchers in the voting room will be required to wear face masks and/or face shields. We will provide face masks and shields for Election Officers. (We will not provide face masks or face shields for poll watchers or voters.)
- Importance of Social Distancing. You need to maintain at least 6-feet of social distancing between Election Officers, voters, poll watchers, and anyone else in the voting room.
- Single-use pens, Privacy Folders, and Voter Permit Cards will be provided. Alcohol Wipes will be provided for cleaning voting machines and voting surfaces.