HIGHLIGHTS FOR THIS ELECTION: Acceptable IDs, Check-In Process, and Curbside Voting
ACCEPTABLE IDs and CHECK-IN PROCESS
- There are significant changes to acceptable IDs, as covered in the Changes to Virginia Election Laws training class.
- If a voter does not have an acceptable ID, they may sign an ID Confirmation Statement.
- When a voter is checking-in, the Pollbook Officer will only repeat the name of the voter – not their address.
- Two Election Officers will go out for curbside voting.
- Curbside voters can return completed absentee ballot envelopes from their car and the two Officers will take the ballot envelope to the Absentee Ballot Drop-Off Box and deposit it on behalf of the voter.