For this election, each precinct needs 5 to 7 election officers. However, we have assigned at least 1 extra officer in almost all precincts, so you should have 6 to 8 election officers in most polling places.
- Chief and Assistant Chief: Manage the polling place and work with non-routine voters.
- PPE Specialist: Regular officer who helps manage PPE supplies and sanitize voting surfaces as needed.
- Language Officers: Regular officer who help voters needing language assistance as needed.
- Absentee Ballot Collectors: Regular officers who drive absentee ballots to the Fairfax County Government Center after polls close.
- Regular Officers: Perform all regular election officer duties.