TIPS & CLOSING POLLS: Closing procedures tips
Lastly, some general tips about closing procedures:
- All voters who are in line or inside the polling place building at 7:00 PM can vote! If they are inside the building and walking to the voting room, they are allowed to vote! Similarly, any voters who are in the curbside parking spots by 7:00 PM are allowed to vote.
- Be sure to delegate! Any officer can do any task.
- Don’t forget to insert the iSync drive into each and every Poll Pad on election night. This is required to export the list of voters.
- As soon as possible, call in your results! Do not wait until you are done packing everything. You should be able to call in the results as soon as you complete the back page of the SOR.
- Dismiss election officers only after ALL work is complete.
- Lastly, the Chief must drive some materials back to the Fairfax County Government Center or Mount Vernon Government Center. Your election officers should help pack your car!
With these tips, you should be well-prepared for your first time as a Chief or Assistant Chief.