ACCEPTABLE IDs: Still Accepted and Newly Accepted
There are many IDs that are still acceptable for voting purposes:
- A Virginia driver’s license.
- A United States passport.
- An employer ID, which must have a photo.
- A Virginia voter ID card.
- A Virginia high school ID card.
- Or, other IDs issued by the federal government, the state of Virginia government, or local Virginia government.
In addition to these IDs, there are new items that may now be used to vote:
- A voter confirmation document (e.g. Official Voter Registration Notice postcard).
- A college/university ID, as long they have a campus anywhere in the United States.
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or any other government document containing the name and address of the voter. (“Current” is defined as within the last 12 months.)