OVERVIEW: Role of Non-Routine Specialist (Continued)
Let’s go over some examples of the work that can be performed by the Non-Routine Specialist:
- Help Pollbook Officers determine when a voter should be directed to the Chief or Assistant Chief for further assistance.
- Assist Election Officers with any questions about the new ID requirements.
- Help monitor the new Absentee Ballot Drop-Off Box in each precinct.
- Help Election Officers process individuals who return their absentee ballot and wish to vote in the regular manner.
- Assist voters after completing the Request for Assistance form.
- Help voters who use the ExpressVote accessible voting machine.
- Assist with curbside voting.
- Help voters complete provisional ballot envelopes and related materials (only after the Chief has determined a voter should be issued a provisional ballot).