Here are some tips to help you on election day:
- Assign each officer a number and have them sign in that numbered spot on each form (including the Oath, Compensation Sheet, Statement of Results, and more). That way, you can quickly look and figure out who has not signed.
- Assign officers based on skills and experience. Identify your best or most experienced officers and put them on the Poll Pads or other important tasks during busy periods.
- Rotate your officers between positions every couple hours. Do this proactively; don’t wait for officers to ask!
- Schedule breaks so only 1 or 2 officers are on break at a time.
- Assign and explain closing tasks by 5 PM, before the evening rush. Officers should understand their assigned tasks well before closing.