Remember, MOST check-ins are very simple. For the ones that aren’t, just refer the voter to the Chief.
Issues that may require the Chief’s attention include:
- If the voter’s name is misspelled in the pollbook or they had a name change,
- If the voter has moved or is in the wrong precinct,
- If the voter has no acceptable ID,
- If the voter cannot be found in the pollbook,
- If the voter requested an absentee ballot but is at the polling place,
- And, of course, anything related to provisional ballots.