CONCLUSION: Important Reminders from Contingency Response Plan
Here are some important reminders from the Contingency Response Plan for Polling Place Operations During COVID-19:
- Voters can enter the polling place even if they are not wearing a face covering.
- Maintain 6-feet of social distancing at all times.
- Face coverings must be worn by all Election Officers while they are at their station, even if no voters are present.
- Face coverings must be worn by all Poll Watchers and they must bring their own.
- We are providing each Election Officer with a face shield for further protection.
- Use disinfectant wipes and/or spray disinfectant to frequently sanitize voting surfaces and other areas in the polling place.
- Use 75% alcohol wipes to clean Poll Pad and ExpressVote screens every half-hour if they are touched.
- Election Officers will be given frequent breaks.
- We are providing Hand Sanitizer for Election Officers to use throughout the day.
- We are providing Hand Sanitizer for voters to use only as they exit the polling place because sanitizer can leave a residue on ballots that could jam the voting machine.