Closing Procedures Tips
Lastly, some general tips about closing procedures:
- All voters who are in line or inside the polling place building at 7:00 PM can vote! If they are inside the building and walking to the voting room, they are allowed to vote! Similarly, any voters who are in the curbside parking spots by 7:00 PM are allowed to vote.
- Be sure to delegate! Any officer can do any task.
- As soon as possible, call in your results! Do not wait until you are done packing everything.
- Dismiss election officers only after ALL work is complete.
- Lastly, the Chief must drive some materials back to the designated return site. Your election officers should help pack your car!
With these tips, you should be well-prepared for your first time as a Chief or Assistant Chief.